ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL - www.royalcaribbean.com
Performs garment alterations for guests and crewmembers by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities and manages the onboard Floral cart program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean international’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout the ship.
In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
- Fits garment on guest or crewmember to determine required alterations. Studies garment and uses tape measure to measure sections such as sleeves, pants and hems Marks alteration lines and re-sews garment using needle and thread or sewing machine.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Manages the in-house tuxedo program through rental and pre-booked tuxedos
- Maintains proper par and inventory of all tuxedo items
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills including strong communication skills
- Manages the onboard floral cart, prepares, delivers and sells flowers
Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
You can apply for this job if you are:
MINIMUM AGE LIMIT IS 21 Y.O.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
- Minimum one to two years tailor or seamstress experience in a commercial dry cleaning or related establishment.
- Ability to alternate a variety of garments and operate sewing equipment.
- Ability to apply customer service skills according to Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
Internal Candidate Requirements:
In addition to the stated hiring requirements, internal candidates are required to fulfill the following:
Completion of one full contract with a performance rating of satisfactory or above.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
- Joining ticket paid by crew
- 8 months contract on and 8 weeks off
- Shared cabin
- Monthly salary is $627.00 plus gratuities (average $1000.00 per month)