ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL - www.royalcaribbean.com
Reports To: Hotel Supply Supervisor
This position is responsible for the safekeeping, issuing, and maintenance of all new and recycled uniforms. Support the inventory team to fulfill and complete all initiatives related to loading and storing of inventoried items.
Duties & Responsibilities
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of sustaining “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste
of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars
of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through
Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner
at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard
employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and Celebrity Family Member (CFM) areas.
2. Responsible for making alterations to uniforms and linens
3. Responsible for fixing and/or making alterations to guests’ garments.
4. Responsible for making or repairing curtains, cushion covers, bedspreads, etc. upon ship’s
5. Responsible for the safekeeping and tracking of all new and recycled uniforms.
6. Responsible for executing inventory counts as per the uniform’s Inventory Cycle Count schedule.
7. Responsible for assisting the Hotel Supply Supervisor in the issuance of uniforms to CFM’s upon sign-on.
8. Responsible for assisting the Hotel Supply Supervisor in the collection of uniforms from CFM’s upon sign-off.
9. Responsible for assisting the Hotel Supply Supervisor on the issuance of salable uniforms to CFM’s following the Sale of Uniforms schedule.
10. Responsible for the maintenance of the new and recycled uniforms’ storage locations.
11. Assist the Linenkeeper on the issuance and collection of linen.
12. Assist the Hotel Supply Supervisor in the day-to-day operation of all Hotel stores.
13. Assist the inventory team with the loading and storing process of all inventoried items.
14. Assist the inventory team in the storerooms if required.
15. Assists the Inventory Manager with assigned duties required by the day-to-day operations of the Inventory Organization.
16. Comply with all corporate standards and procedures as they relate to the entire Celebrity fleet.
17. Follow ship’s rules and regulations as stipulated in the Employee Handbook and respect all Senior
18. Ranking Officers and fellow staff.
19. Attend and participate in all mandatory lifeboat safety drills on embarkation days and any other port days as scheduled by the Master.
Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
You can apply for this job if you are:
- At least 21 years of age
- speak good English
- are hospitable and friendly person
- having relevant experience
Minimum of two years tailor or seamstress experience in a commercial dry cleaning or related establishment.
Ability to alternate a variety of garments and operate sewing equipment.
Knowledge of how to operate commercial type sewing machines.
Computer skills preferably.
Superior customer service, interpersonal, conflict resolution and oral communication skills.
Ability to communicate tactfully with guests, department heads and shipboard employees to resolve
problems and negotiate resolutions.
Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
Individual must complete at least 2 contracts as Tailor.
Evaluation must have recommendations from immediate supervisor and Financial Controller for promotion.
Organized and good with numbers.
Ability to speak and read clearly in English.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests.
Ability to write business correspondence.
Ability to communicate with management
Ability to understand and interpret written procedures
Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
Ability to calculate and analyze basic mathematical computation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands
to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures
and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are
required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
- Work experience in International Company
- Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
- Permanent job with 6 months contracts followed by 2 months vacation
- Tax-free salary is paid every two weeks