The Tax Accountant will provide US tax compliance services for private equity funds or hedge funds and investment partnership clients involving a variety of investment strategies and fund structures. You will work on computation of taxable income and tax adjustments, security analysis, tax allocations and preparation of US tax forms. Responsibilities include handling special projects as needed.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Analyze transactions for US Tax consequences;
- Handle tax reporting for investors and tax filings;
- Interface with other areas of the firm;
- Contribute to delivery of Schedule K‐1s to investors on a timely basis;
- Develop knowledge of US business tax;
- Deliver high quality product;
- Multi-task on various projects within the tax department and be cross trained;
- Assist in special projects as necessary.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related discipline;
- Have a very good command of both written and spoken English;
- Strong software skills:
- MS Excel – successful candidate will be comfortable with formulas, should understand the basics of macros & pivot tables, and be able to navigate and understand workbooks
- Candidates should have an intuitive feel and be a quick study of various software applications
- Be a proactive team player with excellent communication skills;
- High degree of attention to detail and ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Have desire to learn and develop on an ongoing basis;
- Be able to adapt to new challenges;
- Have good analytical and problem solving skills;
- At least 2 years of working experience in the related field (Audit, Accounting or Taxation);
- Prior tax and financial services experience is a plus;
- Experience in US Tax is a plus.
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.