Project title: Support to the RCOP Operating Structure with OP management
Country: Republic of Croatia
Duration: 480 working days over the period of implementation of the contract which is 27 months
Objective of the project
Overall objective: To prepare Croatia for efficient and effective management and absorption of IPA assistance, thereby enhancing Croatia’s capacity for effective use of the Structural Funds upon EU accession.
Specific objectives: To ensure efficient and effective OP management by the RCOP Operating Structure, and develop the institutional capacity for managing and absorbing IPA funding in accordance with the Framework/ Financing / Implementing / Operational Agreements, EU rules, regulations and procedures and applicable national legislation.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in economics, management, public administration (Master degree would be an asset);
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy.
General professional experience:
- 10 years of professional experience,
- 5 years of experience in managing of projects;
- Experience with the institutional framework for the EU pre-accession programmes;
- Experience with the institutional framework for the EU Structural Funds and Cohesion Fund.
Specific professional experience:
- Experience in institutional strengthening and capacity building projects (proven experience in design and development of institutional structures in public administration would be an asset) in pre-accession funds, preferably in new member states or candidate countries
- Experience in the competitiveness and regional development sector;
- Experience in managing teams of experts; supervising and coordinating technical aspects of projects; ensuring good client communication; managing administrative and logistical support;
- Experience in developing and delivering training and/or coaching programmes and conducting training needs analysis
- Experience in the management of EC grant schemes;
- Experience in system monitoring would be an asset;
- Familiarity with the EC publicity and visibility requirements
The team leader will be located in Zagreb, at the premises of MELE. He/she will be engaged for the period of minimum 480 working days. A minimum of 90% of expertise must be spent in Croatia actively working with the project stakeholders. The team leader will be responsible for overall project coordination and quality control of project implementation. In addition, s/he will facilitate coordination between the OS bodies and CODEF. In doing so, the team leader will work with a number of international and local experts with specific sectoral expertise and knowledge of the local situation in Croatia. As necessary, s/he will ensure that short-term experts are agreed with the beneficiary and approved by the Contracting Authority and engaged on time to enable smooth project implementation. He/she will also be in charge of leading the programme management component of the project.
- possibility to work in international environment;
- possibility to gain international experience.