- Recruit and lead a strong team of software development engineers in test (SDETs) to own the end to end quality assurance of Windows Live Now.
- Define the processes, documentation, tools, and software test development methodologies required to validate Windows Live Now.
- Work extensively with other teams across Microsoft on engineering issues, processes, tools, and standards.
- Be responsible for providing technical test guidance to other teams at Microsoft’s European Development Centre.
- Provide leadership on several other business challenges such as recruiting top candidates, re-recruiting your top performers, growing your personnel into technical and future leadership roles, owning organization-wide initiatives to increase organizational efficiency.
- Passion for technology, customers, and managing and growing people.
- Strong understanding of concepts regarding operating systems, data structures, and software and services lifecycle management.
- 3+ years experience managing a group of software engineers in designing and implementing software including agile development methodologies.
- Proven track record of strong mentoring and management for personnel development.
- 3+ years experience in design, implementation and debugging skills using C or C++.
- Dedication and willingness to learn new technologies and adopting new methodologies for the improvement of our products and organizational efficacy.
- Experience in defining testability requirements and designing/implementing large software systems - particularly test automation frameworks.
- Proven track record of hiring and retaining a strong technical team.
- Ability and desire to collaborate with cross discipline and internationally distributed teams.
- Experience in shipping at least one large software product through the entire product lifecycle.
- Fluent English
- BS in CS or equivalent, MS desired.
- Knowledge of best practices for developing secure code.
- Ability to create and make effective presentations to senior management.
Note: All candidates must be willing to develop code if necessary.