• Recruit and lead a strong team of software development engineers in test (SDETs) to own the end to end quality assurance of Windows Live Now.
• Define the processes, documentation, tools, and software test development methodologies required to validate Windows Live Now.
• Work extensively with other teams across Microsoft on engineering issues, processes, tools, and standards.
• Be responsible for providing technical test guidance to other teams at Microsoft’s European Development Centre.
• Provide leadership on several other business challenges such as recruiting top candidates, re-recruiting your top performers, growing your personnel into technical and future leadership roles, owning organization-wide initiatives to increase organizational efficiency.
• Passion for technology, customers, and managing and growing people.
• Strong understanding of concepts regarding operating systems, data structures, and software and services lifecycle management.
• 3+ years experience managing a group of software engineers in designing and implementing software including agile development methodologies.
• Proven track record of strong mentoring and management for personnel development.
• 3+ years experience in design, implementation and debugging skills using C or C++.
• Dedication and willingness to learn new technologies and adopting new methodologies for the improvement of our products and organizational efficacy.
• Experience in defining testability requirements and designing/implementing large software systems - particularly test automation frameworks.
• Proven track record of hiring and retaining a strong technical team.
• Ability and desire to collaborate with cross discipline and internationally distributed teams.
• Experience in shipping at least one large software product through the entire product lifecycle.
• Fluent English
• BS in CS or equivalent, MS desired.
• Knowledge of best practices for developing secure code.
• Ability to create and make effective presentations to senior management.
Note: All candidates must be willing to develop code if necessary.