This role is for an Active Directory Specialist in the Distributed Engineering (DE) Supporting Technologies Team, the successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the Design, Development and Proof of Concept (POC) for changes to the existing Directory Technologies & implementation of new Technologies
- Implement Business driven changes, Configuration of Group Policies and Integration of AD Management tools/services.
- Work with Security & Governance teams to ensure all Security policies / standards are applied
- Liaise with the Design & Development, Release Management, Service Management and 2nd line production/support functions
- Provide advice & consultancy aimed at minimizing the occurrence and impact of service incidents through process improvement.
- Ensures skill set is kept relevant & identifies benefits of emerging technologies.
- Possesses expert knowledge of Directory Services technologies and major 3rd Party Vendors product offering (especially Quest) and can speak authoritatively on these
- Expert knowledge of major Windows component technologies and competent in discussing these in detail with other Subject Matter Experts
- Skilled in the production of detailed technical designs from requirement documents and high level designs.
- Detailed knowledge of :
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Quest Directory Services Tools (QARS, InTrust, GPO Admin, Reporter etc…)
- Windows NT/2000/2003/2008
- Knowledge of the following is beneficial:
- IBM Tivoli Identity Manager (ITIM)
- Configuration Management, Provisioning / Deployment systems & technologies
- Windows Security & Device Control – IPSEC, Device Control (Lumension), PointSec, PGP, Symantec End Point protection (SEP 11), Appsense
- Virtualisation Technologies (VMWare ESX)
- Deep understanding of internal & external environment related to Directory Services:
- Can identify the specific functions, responsibilities, key customers & relationships
- Can describe rationale for major IT initiatives & identify major IT issues
- Contributes to the development & implementation of standards / procedures
- Able to interpret & apply policies and standards
- Can discuss potential risks / benefits of emerging technologies
- Has led the evaluation and implementation of new technologies
- Fluent English skills.
If you feel you’re the right fit for this position, we encourage you to apply immediately (not waiting for the application deadline, as the recruitment campaign
might be completed earlier).
If You are interested, please send Your CV in English with subject “WINDOWS ENGINEER (DIRECTORY SERVICES)”
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.