This role is for a Windows Monitoring Specialist in the Distributed Engineering (DE) Supporting Technologies Team. The successful candidate will be
- Design, Development and Proof of Concept (POC) for new Technology
- Developing installation and Post Implementation “Best Practice, Troubleshooting and Operational guides” to aid support of installed services.
- Change Implementation, System Configuration and Integration of Systems Management tools and services (with emphasis on Monitoring and Capacity Management) on all Distributed Engineering platforms.
- Problem resolution including: problem management, root cause analysis and implementation of remedies.
- Advice and consultancy aimed at minimizing the occurrence and impact of service incidents through process improvement.
- Ensures that all activities are handled promptly and effectively. Is pro-active in the review of implemented solutions to ensure that they are fit for purpose. Provides improvements/changes to the windows platform, in support of client requirements and the bank strategy.
- Demonstrates expertise, commitment and ingenuity in expert application of available facilities to non-standard situations, diagnosing underlying causes of difficulties, and devising solutions or workarounds to ensure that the effect on service is minimal
- Ensures skill set is kept relevant and identifies benefits of emerging technologies. Also attends and contributes to workshops, seminars and presentations that help to enhance the DE vision.
- Manages interface with other teams, internal and external stakeholders as necessary. Where required, undertakes work outside of direct responsibility,
- Skilled in the implementation and integration of Services and Solutions for Performance, Availability and Capacity Monitoring and Management especially on Windows platforms and Hypervisors like VMware.
- Knowledge of technologies and methods to integrate monitoring systems and alerts into Service Management tools to aid automation and make them available to production environments, systems and end users.
- Competent in discussing Windows technology in detail
- Detailed knowledge of :
- Windows 2003/2008
- Monitoring and Management tools and systems like , MOM/SCOM, HPSIM, Tivoli, HP OpenView, Tivoli
- Capacity planning
- Knowledge of the following is beneficial:
- Configuration Management and automated provisioning and deployment systems and technology especially, HP RDP/Altiris, SCCM, MDT, BDD
- Active Directory
- VMWare ESX
- HP hardware (Blades/rack mounted servers, enclosures)
- Fluent English skills.
If you feel you’re the right fit for this position, we encourage you to apply immediately (not waiting for the application deadline, as the recruitment campaign
might be completed earlier).
If You are interested, please send Your CV in English with subject “WINDOWS ENGINEER (MONITORING & CAPACITY)”
to email@example.com. Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.