This role is for a Security Engineer in the Distributed Engineering (DE) Supporting Technologies Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for
• Contributing to the Design, Development and Proof of Concept (POC) for changes to the existing Security Technologies & implementation of new
• Developing installation and integration guides to aid implementation of solutions
• Developing Post Implementation “Best Practice, Troubleshooting and Operational guides” to aid support of installed services
Implementation of Business driven changes, Configuration of Security Policies and Integration of Security Management tools and services with an
emphasis on Anti-virus (SEP 11), Device Control (Lumension), Device Encryption (PointSec, PGP WD, Safeboot), Application Control (Whitelisting,
Blacklisting etc.) and other security related products and services.
Possesses expert knowledge of Security technologies and products
• Expert knowledge of major Windows component technologies and competent in discussing these in detail with other Subject Matter Experts
• Detailed knowledge of :
• Windows NT/2000/2003/2008
• Anti-virus products (in particular Symantec)
• Windows Security, Device & Application Controls
• VPN, Firewalls, DMZ/IFE
• Knowledge of the following is beneficial:
• Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP
• Configuration Management, Provisioning / Deployment systems & technologies
• Capacity, Performance & Availability Management / Monitoring
• Virtualisation Technologies (VMware ESX)
• IIS, ISA Server, Exchange, Citrix/XenApp, SQL Server
• Deep understanding of internal & external environment related to Security:
• Can identify the specific functions, responsibilities, key customers & relationships
• Can describe rationale for major IT initiatives & identify major IT issues
• Contributes to the development & implementation of standards / procedures
• Able to interpret & apply policies and standards
• Can discuss potential risks / benefits of emerging technologies
• Has participated in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies
• Has fluent English skills.
If you feel you’re the right fit for this position, we encourage you to apply immediately (not waiting for the application deadline, as the recruitment campaign
might be completed earlier).
If You are interested, please send Your CV in English with subject “WINDOWS ENGINEER (SECURITY)” to email@example.com.
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.