We are looking for talent to supervise our crew members and vessels making sure safety is guaranteed. Are you ready to handle our local crew duties?
Diverse and exciting: the job
As a Crewing Superintendent, you will be handling all of our local crew duties for a fleet of about 10 vessels. This includes executing standard office work and basic accounting, but also being responsible for the well-being of our crew members. You will make sure they are briefed correctly before and after being on board of our vessels. One of your challenges? Constantly liaising between vessels, our technical department and our headoffice in order to manage our reports. Your goal? Making sure safety is guaranteed on board.
Your tasks include:
- Visiting our vessels together with crew members on a regular basis.
- Key-date scheduling of crew changes, medical tests and all required documents.
- Supporting our crew members, including making arrangements for medical certificates, visa applications, letters of intent, seafarer’s books and national endorsements.
- Transporting crew members to and from our vessels, with destinations to and arrivals at the airport and immigration.
- Distributing working clothes among crew members.
Are you our ideal candidate?
At Samskip, a job is never just a job. Being Crew Superintendent is a journey that allows you to develop your ideas and contribute to our success. You take initiative, are independent and have excellent communication skills that you use to interact with crew members of different nationalities. We would like you to demonstrate visible leadership. In addition, you are open-minded and reliable.
The Crew Superintendent we are looking for:
- holds a bachelor’s or master’s degree in logistics or a similar discipline.
- has experience in onshore and offshore shipping, and knows all about Dutch immigration procedures.
- is very flexible and prepared to work 7 days a week at different times.
- masters the English and Dutch language, both verbally and written.
- is in possession of a clean driving license.
Working knowledge of Russian is beneficial.
What we offer you
Samskip offers you career opportunities and the chance to develop your skills in an ambitious, dynamic and professional organisation. Each individual contributes to the overall success of Samskip and we encourage personal responsibility, commitment and collaboration for the benefit of our company, employees and our customers. We offer you a position in which you will constantly interact with others and get the chance to travel.
“We don’t just move containers, we move careers forward too.”
We also offer you:
- A competitive salary, including a holiday pay and a thirteenth salary.
- 28 days of annual leave, a pension scheme and a company car.
- Excellent training possibilities.
- Enthusiastic colleagues that make your day.
Get ready to immerse yourself into our culture
Can you handle all our local crew duties and do you want to start your new career at a professional company? Apply online by clicking on the “Apply now”. We look forward meeting you.
Samskip is a global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We focus in particular on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 632 million Euros, Samskip is one of the largest transport companies in Europe, with offices in 24 countries in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia, employing around 1520 employees in total.