Strategic Staffing Solutions International client – WIX, is a company that provides a world class website building platform to over 80 million users in 190 countries. Our powerful technology makes it simple for everyone to create a beautiful, professional & functional web presence. The team that powers it is a colorful group of professionals who bring their passion, skill & innovation to ensure WIX provides a product that people love to use.
At the moment WIX is expanding and are looking for:
Mobile App Developer
The Mobile Apps team is developing the WIX mobile app, enabling users to manage their business from the convenience of their mobile phone, anytime and anywhere.
Company is using React Native for the majority of app’s code base, which allows to share more than 70% of code between platforms, combined with developing own native modules for iOS and Android to extend React Native’s functionality or where extra performance is needed. The company structures the code so it can open source major and impactful portions of it, and creates some OSS libraries and tools that receive a lot of traction from the community.
WIX core team is split between Vilnius and Tel-Aviv, and the app the team is building works as a platform that enables teams from all over the company to independently build their modules that are then integrated into the app.
Wix Mobile open source:
Wix in the App Store / Google Play:
We would expect you to have:
- A solid understanding of either Objective-C or Java and the Core iOS/Android Libraries.
- Experience monitoring mobile apps in production.
- Deep understanding of front-end performance characteristics and networking.
- A good grasp of Object Oriented programming and common design patterns.
- Experience with user interface implementation on mobile and passion for delivering a great user experience.
- Self-motivation and fast learning capabilities with a strong sense of ownership and drive. It would be nice if you...
- Are familiar with both iOS and Android, each platform’s philosophy and the App Store eco system.
- Are familiar with Node.JS.
- Have managed or contributed to an Open Source project.
- Have experience with TDD, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing.
- Are keeping up with the latest mobile and web frameworks and trends.