Starboard is a wholly-owned subsidiary of LVMH (Moët Hennessey - Louis Vuitton). Starboard is the world’s largest and leading duty free retailer, operating onboard over 80 cruise ships worldwide with more than 1,000 employees around the world. We offer cruise ship passengers world-class brands and exclusive merchandise with tax and duty free savings. Together with our cruise line partners, our goal is to provide an unforgettable, exciting vacation shopping experience.
• Achieve/exceed sales goals as outlined by the company.
• Offer a welcoming greeting to all customers as they enter the store.
• Initiate conversation; ask open-ended questions to determine customer needs.
• Accurately answer routine questions/inquiries in a helpful and courteous manner.
• Present merchandise with enthusiasm, and assist in the selection by making recommendations to the customer.
• Answer all questions regarding the merchandise and outline features and benefits with accuracy.
• Accurately advise the customer on use/care of the merchandise.
• Inform the customer of special in-store specials and promotions and their advantages.
• Process sales as quickly and efficiently as possible.
• Always thank customer for visiting the store and encourage them to return.
• Utilize add-on selling, cross-selling, and merchandise upgrading techniques to maximize sales.
Merchandise & Display
• Accurately receive and check-in merchandise deliveries to vessel.
• Ensure all merchandise is accurately SKU’d and priced at all times.
• Always present a clean, neat and tidy store according to Corporate HQ’s visual merchandising directives (i.e. PQ’s – Presentation Quantity).
• Keep shelves and fixtures organized and fully replenished.
• Maintain shop and window displays.
• Assist in periodic inventories.
• Maintain an awareness of theft deterrents.
• Communicate sources of potential loss to management.
• Report all shop thefts to Gift Shop Manager.
• Comply with all safety, security, and environmental policies as outlined by Corporate HQ and cruise line partners.
JOB SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and colleagues.
• Ability to set and accomplish goals in a team atmosphere.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to receive direction and guidance where necessary.
• Ability to continuously lift up to 55 lbs. to effectively maintain appropriate inventory levels and shop merchandise standards.
• Ability to physically participate and effectively contribute in cruise line’s boat safety and emergency life-saving drills.
• 2 Years of retail experience (department stores: perfume and cosmetics, souvenirs, watch, jewelry, fashion clothes, alcohol and cigars)
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Strong PC Skills using Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook or equivalent mail client application.
• Proficient English-language speaking and writing skills.
• Multiple language skills for certain ship assignments.
Cruise Ship Sales Associate
• Would you like to work in a store that moves around the world? We offer 6 months contracts followed by 2 months vacation.
• Are you interested in working with and meeting people from other cultures? We offer international work experience.
• Do you possess strong communication skills and retain enthusiasm even if working long hours? We provide opportunity to raise your income depending on your sales abilities.
If yes, then this opportunity is for you!