Join the Engineering & Platform Support team and you'll work at the highest systems level to provide expert advice and counsel to users, management and IT project teams for systems of the most complex nature (typically crossing function/location lines). Evaluate new technologies and develop departmental standard practices.
- • Creates a vision that connects engineering strategies to the big picture and sets action plans accordingly
• Partners with application development and infrastructure teams to align leading edge and leveraging strategies
• Work with Security team to ensure system configurations are in compliance with security policies and controls standards
• Create technology efficiency and new capabilities through the use of automation
• Provide end to end ownership of technology products that includes complete lifecycle
• Propose and implement medium to large scale system deployment (hardware, OS and cloud platforms)
• Support new and existing deployments through the analysis of metrics, logs, system alarms etc. to troubleshoot problems and perform preventative maintenance on the various products
• Create new tools and automation of existing ones to improve efficiency of product maintenance
• Analyzes, acquires, installs, modifies and supports operating systems
• Conducts highly complex systems automation/scripting and systems support activities, including system integration and monitoring
• Facilitate outage restoration calls to access application impact, notify the business, and restore system issues
• Responsible to document issue summary, provide root cause analysis, and implement remediation actions
- • 4+ years of experience working with Storage and Backup environments
• Automation with Python, Pearl or PowerShell
• Exposure to at least several of following vendor technologies:
- • DELL/EMC: lVMAX, VNX, Unity, VNXe, XtremeIO, Centera, Compellent
• DELL/EMC: Avamar
• VCE: Vblock
• Cisco: MDS
• Experience with documentation SOPs - engineering design docs a plus
We have impact. So will you.
The views of each Moody’s employee matter and, collectively, those views contribute to our ability to serve credit-sensitive markets worldwide. Diverse opinions are encouraged and leverage the depth and breadth of experiences that our employees bring to work each day. We expect Moody’s employees to be accessible and collaborative and, in return, Moody’s offers a work environment that promotes intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor and collegiality. Our people and our environment uphold our core values of integrity, insight, intellectual leadership, inclusion and independence.