Our Client - a well established and dynamic payment institution is looking to hire a Money Laundering Reporting Officer to join current team of professionals. The MLRO has the responsibility of managing and maintaining the company's obligations related to prevention, identification and reporting of money laundering activities. He/she will be responsible for designing, implementing, evaluating, and supporting a culture of AML compliance throughout the organisation.
The position implies a fulltime occupation (40 hours/week).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct new customer identification and due diligence checks during on-boarding;
- Conduct on-going customer due diligence;
- Conduct on-going transaction monitoring and enhanced due diligence where and when necessary;
- Evaluate internal suspicious activity reports;
- Prepare and file external suspicious activity reports to NCA;
- Conduct enhanced due diligence and reply to RFIs from partner banks and PSPs;
- Prepare necessary training material for new employees and for recurring training of company’s personnel;
- Conducts corporate-wide AML training as necessary;
- Participate in company’s IT systems improvements, related to sanctions screening, risk scoring of customers and transactions and suspicious transaction identification algorithms;
- Keeping up to date with current laws and regulations related to anti-money laundering, financial crime and prevention of terrorism financing;
- Keeping up to date with the recent industry trends and technology related to improvement of AML practices;
- Participate in improvement and annual reviews of the company’s CDD, AML, CTF policy and procedures;
- Liaise with regulators, state agencies and auditors on the matters related to AML;
- Participate in the development of the new company products or services in order to mitigate and control AML risks.
- ACAMS or equivalent certification;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role, preferably in the financial sector;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel - Intermediate Level;
- Certification by one of AML/KYC service providers or proven experience with of the following (Lexis Nexis IDU, Lexis Nexis Tracesmart, World Compliance, Veriff, 4stop, Idnow, Idology, Identity Mind Global, Gemalto, Onfido, Trulioo or similar).