Vacancy Announcement Number: 2018-4R
OPEN TO: All Interested Applicants/All Sources
Position Title: Security Guard
Opening Period: July 2, 2018 – until filled
Position Series/Grade: FSN-710-3
Salary: 9082 – 12263 EUR/year
For More Info: Human Resources Office: HROVilnius[at]state.gov
Who May Apply:All Interested Applicants/All Sources
Security Clearance Required:Non-Sensitive
Duration of Appointment:Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Vilnius, Lithuania is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Security Guard.
Work Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Provides guard services to safeguard U.S. Government property and personnel at Embassy locations in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Qualifications and Evaluations:
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school is required.
Full performance level: Six months in a related security field (i.e. security guard, military, police).
Trainee level: not required.
LANGUAGE: Level 3 (good) English and Lithuanian (reading/writing/speaking). (This may be tested.)
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vilnius, Lithuania may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a non-sensitive clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174). To apply for this position, applicants should electronically (or otherwise) submit the documents listed below to HROVilnius[at]state.gov or to HR Office, U.S. Embassy, Akmenų g. 6, Vilnius, LT-03106.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- (DS-174) Universal Application for Employment
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if such is required for working in Lithuania)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Vilnius, Lithuania.