Join the Engineering & Platform Support team and you'll work at the highest systems level to provide expert advice and counsel to users, management and IT project teams for systems of the most complex nature (typically crossing function/location lines).
- • Create a vision that connects engineering strategies to the big picture and sets action plans accordingly
• Partner with application development and infrastructure teams to align leading edge and leveraging strategies.
• Work with Security team to ensure system configurations are in compliance with security policies and controls standards.
• Create technology efficiency and new capabilities through the use of automation
• Provide end to end ownership of technology products that includes complete lifecycle
• Propose and implement medium to large scale system deployment (hardware, OS and cloud platforms)
• Support new and existing deployments through the analysis of metrics, logs, system alarms etc… to troubleshoot problems and perform preventative maintenance on the various products.
• Create new tools and automation of existing ones to improve efficiency of product maintenance
• Analyze, acquire, install, modify and support operating systems.
• Conduct highly complex systems automation/scripting and systems support activities, including system integration and monitoring.
• Create design documentation for new products and procedures.
• Maintain existing documentation of systems processes and procedures.
• Facilitate outage restoration calls to access application impact, notify the business, and restore system issues.
• Document issue summary, provide root cause analysis, and implement remediation actions.
• Work closely with L3 and L2 support groups to develop, plan, and implement system enhancements and upgrades.
- • BS/BA, (Education may be substituted for increased years in experience on a year-for-year basis).
• Minimum 5+ years of experience working with enterprise Linux environments scaling beyond 2000+ systems.
• Extensive knowledge with enterprise Server Operating Systems such as RHEL 6/7, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
• Extensive knowledge of enterprise deployment strategies for server OS, including clustered solutions.
• Experience and understanding of OS lifecycle management and secure system configurations.
• Strong knowledge and experience of the use of Satellite Server.
• Require strong automation and scripting Shell is required.
• Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting server OS issues (CPU, Memory and I/O).
• Experience with AWS Cloud and Azure offerings.
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet.
• Working knowledge of Enterprise NAS/SAN technologies.
• Working knowledge of Enterprise clustering technologies.
• Ability to create “Run Books”, defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting of the infrastructure.
We have impact. So will you.
The views of each Moody’s employee matter and, collectively, those views contribute to our ability to serve credit-sensitive markets worldwide. Diverse opinions are encouraged and leverage the depth and breadth of experiences that our employees bring to work each day. We expect Moody’s employees to be accessible and collaborative and, in return, Moody’s offers a work environment that promotes intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor and collegiality. Our people and our environment uphold our core values of integrity, insight, intellectual leadership, inclusion and independence.