As a Senior Testing Engineer in the Credit Reporting team, you’ll be using your knowledge and enthusiasm of modern engineering practices to help progress the flagship TransUnion UK products towards the defined future state of a cloud based micro-service architecture. This includes defining and developing tests for new services, regression and performance testing of the products as they progress through the route to live, and helping to improve the maintainability of our software through automation of testing.
You will be part of a development team of around 7 people made up of development and test engineers. You will be working in an agile manner, working closely will all members of the delivery team and its stakeholders, using modern development practices to ensure quality throughout the process – making sure that we build the right thing, and build it right!
As a senior member of the team you will do hands on testing whilst supporting technical decision making and helping to lead work. You will coach and support individuals in their work and also improve the processes of the team and also across the development department, as a member of the Test Community
- Define test scenarios and acceptance criteria for the evolving solution;
- Organize, specify and carry out testing throughout the development lifecycle;
- Take responsibility for areas of process improvement;
- Collaborate with the team, assisting and supporting less experienced colleagues as required;
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and internal teams to ensure reported issues are resolved as quickly as possible;
- Assist in the extensive, yet appropriate, automation of tests to deliver maximum repeatability.
- You have experience of testing in an agile lifecycle;
- You want to maintain high quality and good practices;
- You have a curiosity for new technologies and techniques, and keep yourself up to date;
- You have experience of automated testing and deployment;
- You have a good understanding of version control practices;
- You have the ability to communicate well, both with technical and non-technical staff;
- Knowledge or experience of testing Web Service APIs (e.g. using ReadyAPI).
- Use of agile acceptance test tools (e.g. SpecfFlow);
- You are familiar with SOA;
- You have knowledge of SQL Server.
- An MSDN Subscription, for all of your software needs;
- Half a day per month of self-directed Learning & Development;
- PluralSight membership, with access to thousands of hours of training videos;
- Regular dojos, tech talks, and other community events;
- A great benefits package including flexible hours and annual bonus.