Working as a Shift Supervisor in the company’s Technical Operations centre you’ll be responsible for the operation of the infrastructure (Servers, Storage, Backup, Network, Windows, Linux, VMWare, VDI) across all business units. Members in this role must be able to work collaboratively with system users and other technical colleagues. Individuals work across all functional areas of the enterprise and use a strong client service orientation to ensure that all requests and problems are resolved in a professional manner. Successful members of the team will be process focused while providing good customer service to company’s IT teams and businesses.
- Supervision of Level 1 and 2 Engineers; prioritizing tasks, assigning work (based on skills) and verifying tickets are handled accordingly
- Notifications to appropriate stakeholders and communication to management on critical operational events
- Provide proper shift turnover to incoming shift leveraging uniform standard process
- Technical operational issue remediation (Full escalation through Level 3 engineers)
- Act on alerts, escalated incidents, and daily change requests within SLAs
- Implement Change Requests for supported infrastructure; Create/Validate script/config based on requirements
- Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support business strategy.
- Manages the improvement processes that impact customer satisfaction and relationships.
- Owns the designated processes and is accountable for ensuring that established processes are followed.
- Ensures internal SLAs are met.
- Communicates organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and other communication vehicles.
- Supports an environment of open and upward communication with all staff to ensure positive employee morale, effective conflict resolution and upward flow of creative ideas for the benefit of the Company and its employees.
- 5 to 7 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with knowledge of one process/service.
- Experience in managing teams and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
- Expert knowledge of network design, solutions, and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to launch and deliver one or more IT project(s) on time and within budget.
- Knowledge of key technology standards around ITIL and service delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both, orally and in writing.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners.
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays.
- Paid volunteer time off.
- Life insurance and disability protection.
- Pet insurance.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Retirement benefits and more.